The SOTA Dance Faculty seeks potential applicants who are experienced in playing accompaniment for one or both of the following fields of dance, to provide quality music support in dance technique training and performances:
- Classical Ballet Technique
- Contemporary Techniques
The duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide music for dance technique training
- Assist the Principal Accompanist in sourcing, composing or performing music in facilitating dance faculty showcases and performances
- Provide advice and the necessary support for the students (eg. Workshops, music modules, music consultation) in the areas of music in dance education when required
Job Specific Knowledge, Skills and Experiences
The applicant should:
- Have at least 1 year of dance accompaniment experience or equivalent skills.
- Hold a Bachelors degree or diploma in Music or equivalent music experience and skills.
- Experience in vocational schools or professional dance companies is preferred.
- Have a strong commitment and passion for the arts and education
- Be self-motivated, responsible, caring and innovative
- Be able to work well in multi-disciplinary teams
Interested applicants please email the following details to [email protected]. Please indicate the position title you are applying for in the subject field.
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching portfolio / philosophy
- Links to teaching or choreographic samples (not essential)
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.