The core function of this position is to assist the Dance Faculty and wider SOTA community to achieve their vision of creating a vibrant learning environment to nurture artistic talent, and to develop creative leaders who enrich society.
The duties and responsibilities are to:
- Accompany contemporary dance classes ranging from foundation to IBCP/IBDP years
- Assist the accompanist team in sourcing, composing, performing or recording music for dance faculty showcases and performances
- Handle or advise all other matters pertaining to music in the SOTA Dance Faculty when required (e.g. music copyright, music-dance collaborations, music editing
- Assist in regular maintenance of musical instruments and sound equipment
- At least 2 years of dance accompaniment experience or equivalent skills
- A Bachelors degree or diploma in Music or equivalent music experience and skills
- Good team player and communicator
- Ability to improvise on the instrument is preferred
- Experience in music performance or composition is preferred
- Familiarity with music technology (music editing, archiving, stage sound) is preferred
- Be able to work well in multi-disciplinary teams
Interested applicants please email updated curriculum vitae to [email protected]. Please indicate the position title you are applying for in the subject field of the email.
We regret that only short listed candidates will be notified.