You will assist the respective Head of Department to carry out the following duties:
- Envisioning, developing and writing the new Literary Arts four-year curriculum.
- Working with a team to create and develop appropriate pedagogies, lesson units, materials and assessments for the new discipline.
- Creating and generating materials for the Literary Arts programme.
- Teaching in the Literary Arts classroom and mentoring young developing writers.
- Being part of the review team to refine, improve and sustain the Literary Arts programme.
- Establishing a network of published writers whom the school can tap for possible writing mentorship programmes.
- Have an honours degree or professional qualification in the chosen discipline
- Have a strong commitment to and passion for education and the arts
- Have a broad and thorough knowledge of the teaching subject
- Have at least 3 years of teaching experience at pre-tertiary levels (Secondary or JC level)
- Be self-motivated, responsible, caring and innovative
- Have the ability to work well in multi-disciplinary teams
- Exposure to or knowledge of the International Baccalaureate Diploma programme is an added advantage
- Successfully registered with MOE as a relief teacher
Interested applicants please email updated curriculum vitae to [email protected]. Please indicate the position title you are applying for in the subject field of the email.
We regret that only short listed candidates will be notified.