The School of the Arts Singapore seeks experienced Adjunct Music Teachers to conduct Instrumental Studies lessons in a range of Classical Western and traditional Asian instruments.
The responsibilities of an Adjunct Music Teacher are:
- Provide instruction and/or coaching in a particular instrument to individual students of different levels and language proficiencies.
- Monitoring and evaluating the progress and development of the students under one’s charge and giving useful and timely feedback to students and parents.
- Preparing and assessing student learning to facilitate positive academic and effective development.
- Monitoring students’ well-being and motivating them to achieve their goals.
- Working with others in supporting the department in curriculum development/review and other departmental needs.
- Maintaining up-to-date subject knowledge and preparing relevant teaching resources.
- Have an honours degree or professional qualification in the chosen discipline
- Have a strong commitment to and passion for education and the arts
- Have a broad and thorough knowledge of the teaching subject
- Have at least 3 years of teaching experience at pre-tertiary levels (Secondary or JC level)
- Be self-motivated, responsible, caring and innovative
- Have the ability to work well in multi-disciplinary teams
- Exposure to or knowledge of the International Baccalaureate Diploma programme is an added advantage
Interested applicants please email updated curriculum vitae to [email protected]. Please indicate the position title you are applying for in the subject field of the email.
We regret that only short listed candidates will be notified.