The School of the Arts Singapore seeks experienced Adjunct Music Teachers to conduct Instrumental Studies lessons in a range of Classical Western and traditional Asian instruments.
The Music Adjuncts’ job scope is:
- Provide instrumental tutorship of students on an individual basis for up to 8 hours per week within the premises of the School, according to the schedules assigned.
- Develop individualised instrument curriculum for students.
- Build instrumental repertoire/literature of students, including contemporary music and practice.
- Work in partnership with the School to ensure students attendance and progress is monitored and recorded, and provide assessment reports within the School’s guidelines.
- Perform any non-scheduled teaching related administrative duties as assigned by the Head of Department.
- Attend departmental meetings as scheduled by the Head of Department.
- Inform Head of Department at least one week in advance of any cancellation of scheduled lessons.
- Replace any cancelled lessons during medical leave or any leave of absence accordingly. All such replacement lessons shall be conducted within the premises of the School
- Have an honours degree or professional qualification in the chosen discipline
- Have a strong commitment to and passion for education and the arts
- Have a broad and thorough knowledge of the teaching subject
- Have at least 3 years of teaching experience at pre-tertiary levels (Secondary or JC level)
- Be self-motivated, responsible, caring and innovative
- Have the ability to work well in multi-disciplinary teams
- Exposure to or knowledge of the International Baccalaureate Diploma programme is an added advantage
Interested applicants please email updated curriculum vitae to [email protected]. Please indicate the position title you are applying for in the subject field of the email.
We regret that only short listed candidates will be notified.