Reporting to the Senior Manager, Office of Technology Management, the incumbent is the change agent responsible for influencing the OTM’s strategic fit and negotiating competing demands across SOTA, he/she is the change agent for transforming strategic demands into a feasible set of projects and managing resistance to maintain the status quo. He/She will be responsible for the design, development, delivery and support of techno functional solutions leveraging ABAP. The role will be responsible for continuously improving the technical/functional solution, managing and monitoring the technical roadmap and building new technical solutions to support cross functional processes. The incumbent will interact across the organization.
Leadership and Stakeholder Engagement
- Partner with leadership and different management teams to provide strategic and technical guidance and integration of functions to meet business goals, including the need to identify new solutions, enhancement and process improvement
- Function as integrator between business needs and technology solutions; help to create technology solutions to meet business needs and identify opportunities for improvement and automation
- Work with business stakeholders to resolve a variety of high impact issues through deep-dive evaluation of complex business operations, system process and alignment to industry standards
- Apply risk management methodologies, appropriately assess risk and apply sound judgement and driving compliance to policy and applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensure overall stakeholder satisfaction
- Serves as an advisor and coach to our analysts and working staff
Project Management and Business Process Re-engineering
- Elicit, prescribe and document functional/technical requirements that meet the business needs for processes covered by SAP, eBudget, eProcurement and other assigned applications platforms (new build or upgrade).
- Plan and implement application projects according to business requirements within time and budget. Ensure Application system and database are following the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)Methodology and Corporate project standards.
- Participate in blueprinting and requirement prescribing phases for procure-to-pay
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME) for SAP enhancements and functional/technical solutions related to all business functions
- Provide functional and Technical support in response to problems passed on or the functional analysts
- Develop and manage inbound/outbound interfaces to synchronize data between SAP and other third party systems
- Manage system upgrade requests and releases with standard processes.
- Responsible to log, follow-up the helpdesk tickets till closure.
- Work with other IT streams like infrastructure and applications, such as Student Management System and Portals
- Support school-wide events and key activities
- Adhere to SOTA’s prevailing policies and procedures
- Accept any other duties as assigned by Reporting Officer or Management of the School
- Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/Engineering
- SAP – FICO, MM certification, with additional for SD will be an advantage
- 5+ years experience in functional, technical solution design, development and documentation in SAP ECC6 with 3 rounds of implementation cycle.
- Experience in Application Management, Project Management & Business Process Re-engineering
- Good experience in ABAP and non-ABAP SAP development technologies
- Familiar with API and Web services
- Capable of managing multiple priorities and meeting closely-spaced, ambitious timelines
- Ability to manage vendor
- Knowledge of ERP (with SAP MM, FICO functional knowledge and implementation experience will be an advantage)
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Good Writing skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skill
- High levels of drive and initiative.
- Team player, customer service oriented
- Strong domain/functional knowledge in Budgeting, Procurement, and Finance(AR,AP, GL and FA)
Please note that this is a 1-year contract position but suitable candidates might be considered for permanent tenure.
Interested applicants please email updated curriculum vitae to [email protected]
. Please indicate the position title you are applying for in the subject field of the email.
We regret that only short listed candidates will be notified.