The Buyer will be responsible for the assigned Procurement and Purchasing related scope of activities in a dynamic environment with strong interpersonal skill. He/She is expected to perform basic procuring processes effectively and in a timely manner according to the Organisation’s policy. He/She will be given opportunities to experience tender processes such as tender shortlisting and competitive tendering to meet the tender objective and should eventually progress to handle tender independently. He/She will be involved with the procurement team and stakeholders on policies and procedures enhancement, strategic initiatives, streamlining of workflows and accept any other additional work tasks as assigned from time to time. The Buyer is expected to work under supervision and provide timely reporting on work matters to the department manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process basic procuring activities such as handling purchase requisitions submitted by users, validating on requirements through the customised ePR system, sourcing for vendors, negotiating terms and conditions, comparing and evaluating quotations, creating new vendor/asset and preparing Purchase Order (PO) using the SAP system to completing PO closure
- Ensure the timely purchase and delivery of goods and services according to requestors’ requirements and collate purchase requisitions to achieve economies of scale
- Post-purchase works includes contract follow-up, terms and conditions negotiation and vendor performance review
- Assist in managing tender activities such as drafting the tender documents with requesting departments and following through the tender process
- Check and adhere to the Procurement policies and procedures at all time
- Ensure the timely purchase and delivery of goods and services according to requestors’ requirements and seek clarifications when required
- Advise and educate all users, including requestors, budget owners, approving officers about compliance with relevant procedures or policies accordingly
- Communicate with vendors and requesting departments in a concise, effective and professional manner
- Conduct periodic house-keeping with the team to ensure the proper filing and storage of procurement documents
- Communicate and provide updates on work in processes or workplan to supervisor and offer alternative solutions for work challenges
- Undertake any other ad-hoc duties and responsibilities as assigned by the department manager or management of the school
- Good degree holder or Diploma holder with at least 3 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of procuring processes, sourcing, negotiating and evaluating quotations
- Good user working knowledge of computer software especially Microsoft Office applications; SAP knowledge will be an advantage
- Excellent time management and follow-up skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with positive attitude
- Meticulous and accepts challenges
- Good team player
Please note that this is a 2-year contract position but suitable candidates might be considered for permanent tenure.
Interested applicants please email updated curriculum vitae to [email protected]
. Please indicate the position title you are applying for in the subject field of the email.
We regret that only short listed candidates will be notified.