Reporting to the Director, Corporate Planning & Services, the Deputy Director, Technology Management & Services will manage and lead the Office of Technology Management (OTM) in meeting the School’s Information and Communications Technology (ICT) needs in areas such as project management of applications/portals, Information Technology (IT) infrastructure, networks and security and desktop support services. He/She is also responsible for spearheading and managing the Digital Transformation in the organisation. His/Her key responsibilities include managing all related policies, procedures and reporting to ensure good corporate governance and controls. In addition, he/she will manage at least 2 other corporate departments.
Major Job Responsibilities
Key responsibilities include the following:
Strategy, Planning and Management
- Strategise, organise and execute the Digital Transformation in the organisation through leading business requirements gathering with users to define the objective, scope, goals and deliverables for the Digital Transformation.
- Oversee and lead the corporate departments assigned and execute strategic plans in alignment with SOTA’s strategic objectives and goals.
- Oversee IT infrastructure and ensure optimum performance of systems and network
- Oversee the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, computers, operating systems, telephones, software applications, and peripherals.
- Oversee the management of all IT infrastructure assets through their life cycle.
Governance and Internal Controls
- Enforce good internal control practices, programs and initiatives to ensure a safe and secure ICT environment
- Work with business users to manage project objectives, scope, activities, conduct reviews, determine risk and define risk mitigation strategies.
- Track project deliverables and provide progress reports; highlight priorities, risks and mitigating actions to management.
- Oversee Business Continuity Planning (BCP) and Disaster Recovery Exercises to support the delivery of resilient IT services.
- Identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats and identify appropriate actions to solve problems and enhance delivery.
- Facilitate communication amongst various stakeholders and ensure adherence to governance, standards and timeline.
- Handle audit queries and ensure audit and security compliance are met
Learning and Development
- Spearhead all new and enhancement programs, projects and initiatives related to ICT
- Lead in the development of learning platforms and ICT-integrated strategies to bring about quality teaching and learning in the classrooms.
- Keep current with the latest technologies and determine what new technology solutions and implementations will meet the school's needs and requirements.
- Work with the management and faculty heads/ managers to facilitate the continuous learning of staff in the use of ICT through identifying development needs, planning professional development programmes, organising and conducting training, and ensuring ongoing improvements to the systems and network.
- Support school-wide events and key activities
- Adhere to SOTA’s prevailing policies and procedures
- Accept any other duties as assigned by Reporting Officer or Management of the School
Qualification & Training
- Degree in Computer Science or its equivalent
- At least 10-15 years of experience in an IT management position and preferably have worked in educational institutions, with at least 8 years in a senior managerial capacity
- Possess experience in managing contracts, vendor and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and stakeholder management skills
- Good writing, communication and presentation skills
- Good strategic thinking, implementation know-how and project management skills
- Good planning, analytical and negotiation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent knowledge in ICT and familiar with ICT related policies, process and procedures
- Service-oriented with conceptual and analytical mindset
- Ability to organise and manage multiple assignments, deadlines, resources and adaptable to changes
- Ability to pay high attention to detail to ensure that high quality work is delivered
- Ability to work in a flexible manner – out of hours as required
- Ability to build, motivate and work with and within teams to accomplish project goals
- Commitment to the goals and values of the organization
Interested applicants please email updated curriculum vitae to [email protected]. Please indicate the position title you are applying for in the subject field of the email.
We regret that only short listed candidates will be notified.