Reporting to the Senior Manager, Office of Technology Management (OTM), the incumbent is the change agent responsible for influencing the OTM’s strategic fit and negotiating competing demands across SOTA, he/she is the change agent for transforming strategic demands into a feasible set of projects and managing resistance to maintain the status quo. He/She will be responsible for the requirements, design, development, delivery and support of techno functional solutions. The role will be responsible for continuously improving the technical/functional solution, managing and monitoring the technical roadmap and building new technical solutions to support cross functional processes. The incumbent will interact across the organisation.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES Application Solution, Support and Operations
Application Solution, Support and Operations
- Elicit, prescribe, troubleshoot, provide solutions and document functional/technical requirements that meet the business needs for processes covered by SAP (MM/FICO), work on budget, procurement applications, and other assigned application platforms.
- Plan and implement application projects according to business requirements within time and budget. Ensure application systems and databases are following the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Methodology and SOTA project standards.
- Manage system upgrade, change requests and releases with standard process.
- Provide functional and technical support for assigned applications.
- Take on the role as an integrator between business needs and technology solutions; help to create technology solutions to meet business needs.
- Develop and manage inbound/outbound interfaces to synchronize data between SAP and other third party systems.
- Participate and assist in design, development and implementation of IT solutions related to SAP including integration with SAP/non-SAP systems.
- Take on the role as a techno functional advisor by prescribing business requirements, building business processes, designing solutions, configuring systems, and testing process changes.
- Participate in the blueprint process and requirement prescribing phases for order-to-cash.
- Troubleshoot technical issues in SAP and non-SAP systems.
- Responsible for helpdesk tickets and to follow-up the tickets till closure. Ensure 80% tickets are closed per month.
Application Solution, Support and Operations
- Continuous review of existing systems and processes to identify opportunities for improvement and automation
- Engage business stakeholders in evaluating opportunities for both process and system improvements
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME) for SAP enhancements and functional/technical solutions related to all business functions
- Work with other OTM streams like infrastructure and OTC applications – SMS, Events System and HRIS
- Comply with all school policies and procedures, rules and regulations/li>
- Ensure documentation are up-to-date
- Facilitate in Business Process definition/documentation
- Build and demonstrate best solutions and partnering services
- Must be able to motivate and create a working environment that will result in successful services and delivery with stakeholders’ satisfaction.
- Evaluate functionally and technically on the assigned applications.
- Manage small scale projects: complete project life cycle from User Requirements to Operations Support
- Resolve system performance issues.
JOB SPECIFICATION Education
- Support school-wide events and key activities
- Adhere to SOTA’s prevailing policies and procedures
- Accept any other duties as assigned by Reporting Officer or Management of the School
- Degree in Computer Science/Information Systems
- SAP – FICO, MM certification will be added advantage
- 5 - 6 year experience in functional, technical solution design, development and documentation in SAP ECC6 with 2-3 rounds of implementation cycle
- Experience in Business Process Re-engineering, Solutioning, Support & Project Management
- Capable of managing multiple priorities and meeting closely-spaced, ambitious timelines
- Ability to manage vendor
- Knowledge of ERP (with SAP MM, FICO functional knowledge and implementation experience will be an advantage)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Good writing skills
- Team player, customer service oriented with high level of drive
- Experience in operating ERP/Business
- Experience in project management and implementation for small to medium scale projects
- Strong domain/functional knowledge in budgeting, Procurement, and Finance (AR, AP, GL and FA)
Please note that this is a 2-year contract position but suitable candidates might be considered for permanent tenure.
Interested applicants please email updated curriculum vitae to [email protected]
. Please indicate the position title you are applying for in the subject field of the email.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.