Reporting to the Senior Manager, Office of Technology Management, the incumbent is the change agent responsible for influencing the OTM's strategic fit and negotiating competing demands across SOTA, he/she is the change agent for transforming strategic demands into a feasible set of projects and managing resistance to maintain the status quo. He/She is to lead various projects or initiatives, to provide continuous process and business application improvements.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES Application Solution
Project Management Function
- Define IS solution that meets the business needs for processes covered by ERP, other applications platform business projects (new build or upgrade).
- Build IS solutions with Group’s design methods and tools, and provide deployable solutions.
- Plan and implement application projects according to business requirements within time and budget. Ensure Application system and database are following the System Development Life Cycle Methodology and Corporate project standards.
- Manage system upgrade requests and releases with standard process.
- Provide functional and Technical support in response to problems passed on or the functional analysts.
- Support and troubleshoot application issues.
- Monitoring and managing helpdesk tickets.
- Work with other OTM streams like infrastructure and Applications.
- Ensure compliance of IT Control (Policies & Procedures).
- Be accountable for overall project deliverables.
- Be responsible for project planning, execution, monitoring and control to deliver the quality, on time and within budget IT project.
- Provides initial project estimates for cost-benefit analysis.
- Project Planning: Develop project initiation document, scope of work, project plan, time scheduling, resources planning and kick off meeting.
- Project Execution: Coordinate with every party to deliver the deliverable of project in every phase from blueprint, configuration, testing, training, go live, roll out, transition to support team and close out the project.
- Project Monitoring & Control: Project status tracking (plan vs. actual) in term of scope/time/cost & reporting and Project issues resolution
- Be responsible for managing the 3rd party vendor to deliver the project works.
- Conduct end users trainings for new applications
- Troubleshoot the project problems and manage transition/transformation of application/tools/work processes
- Ensure compliance of IT Control (Policies & Procedures)
- Responsible for Applications Budget/Actual spending which will roll up to OTM budget.
- Provide facilitation to Business Process definition/documentation.
- Need to build and demonstrate best solutions and partnering services.
- Must be able to motivate and to create a working environment that results in successful services and delivery and stakeholders satisfaction.
- Functional and Technical Evaluation.
- Manage small scale projects: complete project life cycle from User Requirements to Operations Support.
- Resolve system performance issues.
JOB REQUIREMENTS Education
- Support school-wide events and key activities
- Adhere to SOTA’s prevailing policies and procedures
- Accept any other duties as assigned by Reporting Officer or Management of the School
- Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/Engineering
- At least 5-6 years in a relevant capacity
- Experience in Application Management, Project Management & Business Continuity Management
This is a 2-year contract position, convertible to permanent position upon contract expiry, depending on performance.
- Knowledge of ERP (with SAP MM, FICO functional/domain knowledge and implementation experience will be an advantage)
- Knowledge of SharePoint and data analytics will be added advantages
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Good Writing skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skill
- High levels of drive and initiative
- Team player, customer service oriented
- Extensive experience in leading projects and initiatives to provide ERP applications support and maintenance
- Experience in operating ERP/Business Applications
- Experience in project management and implementation for medium to large scale projects
- Strong domain/functional knowledge in School Campus System, Procurement, and Finance, ICT
Interested applicants please email updated curriculum vitae to [email protected]
. Please indicate the position title you are applying for in the subject field of the email.
We regret that only short listed candidates will be notified.