The core function of the job is to assist the School towards achieving its strategic objectives and provide a healthy, safe, conducive and creative learning environment for students and staff. The Film and Media Technician provides assistance and support, in particular, to the Film Faculty in the daily operations related to teaching, maintenance and asset management of the school's media-related facilities and inventory. To provide support and assistance to other school-related activities, the Film and Media Technician should have the ability to adapt to different working styles and work co-operatively with the staff and across different departments within the school.
The Film and Media Technician will help teachers in their planning and implementation of curriculum that uses fresh and innovative pedagogical practices by managing the provision of current technological tools that are best suited to each situation. S/he will provide technical support to assist students in the development of their knowledge of technology and aid the wider school community by providing technical training and assistance on equipment.
The Duties and Responsibilities Include:
Assistance To Film And Media Faculty Teachers
- Assist teachers where required in the preparation equipment and facilities for lessons
- Assist teachers in explaining and demonstrating the correct usage of equipment to students
- Assist teachers in explaining and demonstrating a variety of equipment and software platforms
- Assist teachers in supervising the safety and work practices of students in the classroom
- Assist teachers to record and process IB assessment materials
- Manage and archive curriculum-related media content
- Cultivate industry standard practices in students' handling of equipment
Equipment and Facilities
- Track and maintain school's inventory of audio-visual (AV) equipment
- Oversee and maintain computer and software with IT department
- Oversee and manage equipment loans and returns
- Ensure that working conditions and equipment are clean, tidy, hazard-free and safe
- Conduct regular checks and maintenance on tools and equipment as required and advised by the faculty and the school
- Procure and replenish stock where required
- Track equipment repair and ensure its timely return
- Manage and maintain the film equipment storeroom
Assistance To Teachers And General School Support
- Assist teachers in technical areas where required
- Provide technical and recording support for school activities including assessments, showcases and performances
- Relevant diploma in Film, Media or equivalent
- Possess relevant technical skills especially in video production and editing
- Have a broad knowledge of film as an art form
- Relevant WSQ certification in Creative Industries is an advantage
- Be self-motivated, responsible, caring and innovative
- Be able to work well independently and in multi-disciplinary teams
Interested applicants please email updated curriculum vitae to [email protected]. Please indicate the position title you are applying for in the subject field of the email.
We regret that only short listed candidates will be notified.