The core function of the job is to assist the School towards achieving its strategic objectives - working in teams to constantly devise meaningful pedagogical approaches and its eventual instructional implementation in class. Key personnel are to lead in the developing and nurturing of 21st century competencies, developing thinking and language skills to enable the holistic development of the students. They are to lead and model through engagement, encouragement and preparation of students to meet the challenges that arise.
Key personnel lead, plan and conduct lessons in line with the school’s strategic thrusts and objectives with the aim of building a culture of learning. They also keep up to date with developments in their subject area, new resources, pedagogies and learning theories.
- Work with and support the Head/Student Development to develop, manage and review Student Care (STC) program that focuses on character, citizenship and leadership development, and social-emotional well- being of students; helping them fulfil the vision of being a H.I.P Leader with Passion.
- Supervise and mentor the Full-time School Counsellor (FTSC) and Educational and Career Counsellor;
- Supervise and mentor members of the Year Mentor team with Head/Student Development;
- Support the Head/Student Development in the areas related student development matters;
- Plan the SD budget with Head/Student Development, particularly in the area of Student development and well-being programmes;
- Engage and work with internal and external constituents and stakeholders in supporting STC programmes and platforms of the school.
- Assist the Head/Student Development to conduct regular review and recommend professional development/training for teaching staff in the area of SD;
- Manage and co-ordinate the development and maintenance of STC-related data and resources
- Conduct regular review and refinement of existing programmes and platforms for STC.
- Design, develop and deliver lessons in his/her trained subject area.
- Continue professional growth through attendance of workshops, seminars, conferences and/or advance coursework at institutions of higher learning.
- Conduct research and keep abreast with the latest development in theories and practices of the relevant subject areas
- Lead the student management team in the management of the socio-emotional well-being as well as the discipline of students;
- Lead the student management team in engaging and partnering teachers and parents to support the development of students;
- Provide case conferencing and counselling support to Year Mentors, FTSC and ECG counsellor;
- Support the Head/Student Development in leading student development team and teaching faculties in providing social-emotional support for all SOTA students
All other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the school.
- Strong leadership and management skills, with experience in administration and proven track record of leading a team
- Possess an honours degree or professional qualification in the chosen or related discipline
- Have a strong commitment to and passion for education and the arts
- Have a broad and thorough knowledge of the teaching subject(s)
- Be self-motivated, responsible, caring and innovative
- Be able to work well in multi-disciplinary teams
- Exposure to, or knowledge of the International Baccalaureate Diploma programme is an added advantage
Interested applicants please email updated curriculum vitae to [email protected]
. Please indicate the position title you are applying for in the subject field of the email.
We regret that only short listed candidates will be notified.