The core function of the job is to assist the School towards achieving its strategic objectives - working in teams to constantly devise meaningful pedagogical approaches and its eventual instructional implementation in class. Teachers are to develop and nurture 21st century competencies, and thinking and language skills to enable the holistic development of the students. They are to engage, encourage and prepare students to meet the challenges that arise.
Teachers plan and conduct lessons in line with the school’s strategic thrusts and objectives with the aim of building a culture of learning. They also keep up to date with developments in their subject area, new resources, pedagogies and learning theories.
The duties and responsibilities include:
- Design and implement curriculum and assessment for the Dance programme, specifically the ballet technique module
- Monitor and evaluate the progress and development of the students under one’s charge and giving useful and timely feedback to students and parents
- Work with others in supporting the faculty in curriculum development/review and other departmental needs
- Plan, implement and monitor co-curricular programmes to support students’ holistic development
- Maintain up-to-date subject knowledge and preparing relevant teaching resources
Job Specific Knowledge, Skills and Experiences
The applicant should:
- Have an honours degree or professional qualification in the chosen discipline
- Have a broad and thorough knowledge of the teaching subject
- Have a strong commitment and passion for the arts and education
- Have at least 3 years’ teaching experience of students at pre-tertiary or tertiary level (Secondary or JC level / ages 12 – 18 years old)
- Be self-motivated, responsible, caring and innovative
- Have the ability to work well in multi-disciplinary teams
- Exposure to or knowledge of the International Baccalaureate Diploma programme is an added advantage
Interested applicants please email updated curriculum vitae to [email protected]. Please indicate the position title you are applying for in the subject field of the email.
We regret that only short listed candidates will be notified.