The core function of the job is to assist the School towards achieving its strategic objectives - working in teams to constantly devise meaningful pedagogical approaches and its eventual instructional implementation in class. Teachers are to develop and nurture 21st century competencies, and thinking and language skills to enable the holistic development of the students. They are to engage, encourage and prepare students to meet the challenges that arise.
Teachers plan and conduct lessons in line with the school’s strategic thrusts and objectives with the aim of building a culture of learning. They also keep up to date with developments in their subject area, new resources, pedagogies and learning theories.
THE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
● Design, conduct and assess curriculum in ballet and/or contemporary technique and JOB SPECIFICATIONS
● Provide constructive and timely feedback to students and parents on student’s
● Choreograph and rehearse students for showcases
● Collaborate with colleagues in curriculum development/review and other
departmental and school-wide initiatives
● Plan, implement and monitor co-curricular programmes to support students’ holistic
● Collaborate with the wider school community to support the school's strategic
programmes and initiatives
● Maintain up-to-date knowledge about developments in dance
● Have a degree or professional qualification in dance and/or dance education
● Have a strong commitment and passion for the arts and education
● Have at least 5 years’ teaching experience of students at pre-tertiary or tertiary level
(Secondary or JC level / ages 12 – 18 years old)
● Be self-motivated, responsible, caring and adaptable
● Have the ability to work well in multi-disciplinary teams
● Exposure to or knowledge of the International Baccalaureate Diploma programme is
an added advantage
Interested applicants please email updated curriculum vitae to [email protected]
. Please indicate the position title you are applying for in the subject field of the email.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.