The core function of the job is to assist the School towards achieving its strategic objectives working in teams to devise, revise and implement a meaningful and relevant curriculum, and suitable and innovative pedagogical approaches to teaching literary arts. Teachers are to develop and nurture 21st century competencies, as well as thinking and language skills, to enable the holistic development of the students. They are to engage, guide, encourage and prepare students to meet challenges that arise. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Teachers plan and conduct lessons in line with the school’s strategic thrusts and objectives with the aim of building a culture of learning and growth. They also keep up to date with developments in their subject area, new resources, pedagogies and learning theories.
- Designing and implementing curriculum and assessment for the Literary Arts programme, which includes the genres and/or writing forms such as short fiction, poetry, playwriting, comics, and screenwriting
- Monitoring and evaluating the progress and development of the students under one’s charge, and giving useful and timely feedback to students and parents
- Working with others in supporting the faculty in curriculum development/review and other departmental needs
- Planning, implementing and monitoring co-curricular programmes to support students’ holistic development
- Maintaining up-to-date subject knowledge and preparing relevant teaching resources
- Have an honours degree or professional qualification in the chosen discipline
- Have a strong commitment to and passion for education and the arts
- Have a broad and thorough knowledge of the teaching subject(s)
- Have at least 3 years of teaching experience at pre-tertiary levels (Secondary or JC level)
- Be motivated, open, collaborative, responsible, caring and innovative
- Have initiate and drive, and a willingness to learn
- Have the ability to work well in teams (multi-disciplinary or underwise)
- Exposure to or knowledge of the International Baccalaureate Diploma programme is an added advantage
- Experience in being published/ in the area/ industry of publishing is also an added advantage
Interested applicants please email updated curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please indicate the position title you are applying for in the subject field of the email.
We regret that only short listed candidates will be notified.