The core function of the job is to assist the School towards achieving its strategic objectives - working in teams to constantly devise meaningful pedagogical approaches and its eventual instructional implementation in class. Teachers are to develop and nurture 21st century competencies, and thinking and language skills to enable the holistic development of the students. They are to engage, encourage and prepare students to meet the challenges that arise.
Teachers plan and conduct lessons in line with the school’s strategic thrusts and objectives with the aim of building a culture of learning. They also keep up to date with developments in their subject area, new resources, pedagogies and learning theories.
The responsibilities and duties are:
- Teaching Literature (and/or IB studies in language and Literature courses) to a range of classes of different levels and proficiencies
- Working with faculty colleagues to review and evaluate curriculum, pedagogy and assessment (e.g., by focusing on schemes of work, materials, assessment practices and tasks, text selection, pedagogies and resources)
- Monitoring and evaluating the progress and development of the students under one’s charge and giving useful and timely feedback to students and parents
- Assessing student learning in an ongoing and principled manner so as to monitor and facilitate positive academic development
- Monitoring students’ well-being and motivating them to achieve their goals
- Collaborating with colleagues in supporting the faculty on various levels and in different areas
- Maintaining up-to-date subject knowledge and preparing relevant teaching resources
- Have at least an honours degree and professional teaching qualifications
- Have some experience in e-Pedagogies and/or Theatre background
- Have both depth and breadth of knowledge of the teaching subject
- Have at least 3 to 5 years of teaching experience at secondary and/or pre-tertiary levels
- Have self-motivated, self-management, a sense of responsibility and the drive to experiment and innovate
- Have a professional attitude to work and relationships
- Have a strong commitment to, and passion for education and the arts
- Have the ability to work well in multi-disciplinary teams
- Exposure to/or knowledge of the International Baccalaureate Diploma programme is an added advantage
Interested applicants please email updated curriculum vitae to email@example.com. Please indicate the position title you are applying for in the subject field of the email.
We regret that only short listed candidates will be notified.