Thank you for your participation in the SOTA P6 Art Competition 2021!
The SOTA Primary 6 Art Competition was launched in 2018 as one of SOTA’s outreach programmes to encourage and provide a platform for young artists to express their creativity and hone their talents in Visual Arts, and has since become an annual nation-wide drawing and painting competition.
This year saw a wide range of participants, representing over 166 primary schools in Singapore with over 1000 submissions. These young pupils submitted artworks based on one of the three themes, Looking Out of My Window, Space Zoo, and Tropical Fruit. The themes this year focused on challenging participants to draw inspiration for their artworks from their homes and their imaginations.
SOTA is proud to have Mapletree Investments Pte Ltd as the sponsor for the competition since 2019, amplifying our efforts to reach out to more children who have a passion and talent in the arts.
The top 50 works were presented in an online exhibition from 5 April to 30 June 2021. They will also be presented in an exhibition organised by Mapletree at VivoCity (near Desigual) from 1 to 14 September 2021. Drop by the exhibition with your families to view the wonderful artworks by the finalists, in person!
We sincerely thank all participants once again for being involved in this competition!
The Top 50 finalists are named below, in alphabetical order according to school. All finalists will have been
|Liow Chen Teng ||Ai Tong School |
|Tiannie Lefana Yeoren ||Anchor Green Primary School |
|Dave Gan Yong Le ||Bukit Panjang Primary School |
|Jotham Foo Yue Zheng ||Bukit Panjang Primary School |
|Yang Yushan ||Bukit Timah Primary School |
|Elyana Liu ||CHIJ (Katong) Primary |
|Rochelle Lee Yi Xuan ||CHIJ (Katong) Primary |
|Rachel Ling Hee Neen ||CHIJ Primary (Toa Payoh) |
|Chan Bo Yan Kate ||CHIJ St. Nicholas Girls' School |
|Lukas Pang Ze Xun ||Chongfu School |
|Ma Qihang Jacky ||Chongfu School |
|Shao Jingwen Candice ||Chongfu School |
|Commandur Srinivasan Aayushi ||Chua Chu Kang Primary School |
|Lesly-Ann Joshua ||Elias Park Primary School |
|Delphina Tong She Hong ||Fairfield Methodist School (Primary) |
|Ella Weiss ||Fengshan Primary School |
|Lim Zi Xuan Natalie ||Haig Girls' School |
|Meghna Anil ||Haig Girls' School |
|Caitlyn Ong Jia En ||Henry Park Primary School |
|Wang Shaochen ||Henry Park Primary School |
|Lim Sin Jie ||Junyuan Primary School |
|Han Jia Qian ||Keming Primary School |
|Natalie Ho Yi Xuan ||Kuo Chuan Presbyterian Primary School |
|Alison Lim Yi Xuan ||Methodist Girls' School (Primary) |
|Zhao Xiaoyi ||Nanyang Primary School |
|Charles Elie Wazen ||Non-Ministry of Education School |
|Jaejoon Hwang ||Non-Ministry of Education School |
|Lee Dakyung ||Non-Ministry of Education School |
|Paithankar Vedanti ||Non-Ministry of Education School |
|Tong Xin Ying Krin ||Pasir Ris Primary School |
|Faith Lam Zhi En ||Pei Chun Public School |
|Aiden Chew ||Punggol View Primary School |
|Looi En Ni ||Radin Mas Primary School |
|Chong Tze Yun, Janna ||Raffles Girls' Primary School |
|Kaelyn Ng ||Raffles Girls' Primary School |
|Krystal Chan ||Raffles Girls' Primary School |
|Sarah Han Rui Xin ||Raffles Girls' Primary School |
|Enzo Phillip Kuah ||Red Swastika School |
|Wu Ruoci Clarice ||Rivervale Primary School |
|Ong Yi Le Justus ||St. Andrew's Junior School |
|Samuel Sou Kar Lok ||St. Andrew's Junior School |
|Abby Faith Leong Yeng Yee ||St. Hilda's Primary School |
|Ethan Joshua See ||St. Hilda's Primary School |
|Cayden Axl Rutstrom ||St. Stephen's School |
|Cheong Yin Ywan Jillian ||Tao Nan School |
|Teo Zi Rae, Giselle ||Temasek Primary School |
|Fang Junjian ||Unity Primary School |
|Ethan Hung Kang Xun ||West Grove Primary School |
|Fu Jiarui Grace ||West Grove Primary School |
|Emir Reza Khan Bin Mohamed Zubir ||Westwood Primary School |
SOTA is pleased to announce the fourth edition of its annual nation-wide drawing and painting competition. This
year, the SOTA Primary 6 Art Competition is proudly supported by Mapletree.
We invite pupils (who will be Primary 6 in 2021) to participate in this visual arts competition. Pupils from all
backgrounds who have a passion for the arts are encouraged to showcase their creativity and imagination.
Participants are to submit an original work (A3-size: 29.7cm x
that demonstrates their observational ability as well as imagination based on any ONE of the
- Looking Out of My Window
- Space Zoo
- Tropical Fruit
- Step 1: Pick one of the three themes!
- Step 2: Create an original artwork in A3-size (29.7cm x 42.0cm). You may use wet or dry
mediums such as watercolour, acrylic or oil paint, charcoal, graphite or coloured ink.
- Step 3: Submit your artwork with the completed entry form.
for the submission link.
You will be required to have a Google email account to register!
- Submission due date: 27 January 2021, 12.00pm (noon)
- Notification of Finalists: By early March 2021
- Junior Academy: Finalists will be notified via email or phone
- Exhibition Dates: There will be no physical exhibition this year. Details of online exhibition will be provided at a later date.
- Awards Ceremony: There will be no physical Awards Ceremony this year
In view of the latest safe management measures on minimising external school activities and intermingling between schools, there will be no physical Awards Ceremony or Exhibition this year. Thank you for your understanding.
(updated: 1 Mar 2021)
50 Finalists will be invited to the SOTA Junior Academy.
10 Overall Prize Winners will be selected from the 50 Finalists after the SOTA Junior Academy.
- 40 Finalists will receive $50 worth of art supply vouchers and $50 worth of Mapletree vouchers
- 10 Overall Prize Winners will receive $100 worth of art supply vouchers and $200 worth of Mapletree vouchers
All finalists' artworks will be showcased in an online exhibition as well.
- The competition is only open to all pupils who are in Primary 5 in 2020 and will be in Primary 6 (or its equivalent) in 2021. Pupils must be based in Singapore.
- The entry should be the sole original work of the participant and there should be no assistance rendered by anyone else.
- Participants must execute the artwork on A3-sized paper (29.7cm x 42.0cm).
- Participants are free to use a single or a variety of wet/dry drawing medium combined. Participants may use any two-dimensional medium, such as watercolour, acrylic or oil paint, charcoal, graphite or coloured ink.
- We will not be able to accept works with surface thickness of more than 3 mm thickness and 250gsm. Work should not be framed, no printmaking, relief or collage artwork.
- Participants are free to create an original composition based on their selected theme. They are encouraged to demonstrate competent observational drawing skills and some aspects of imaginative elements in their entries.
- All artworks must be submitted by 27 January 2021. Late submissions will not beaccepted.
- The link to the online submission can be found HERE.
You will be required to have a Google email account to register!
- The following information is required for online submission:
- Participant’s personal details
(Email address, Name, Age, Date of Birth, Race, Nationality, Contact Number)
- School information
(Name of School, Address)
- Artwork Submission information
(Clear image of artwork, Artwork title, Theme selected, Material(s) used, Write-up)
- Entries with incomplete information will be disqualified.
- Teachers may submit individual entries on behalf of their pupils but not as a group. Each submission should include the individual pupil's email and parent's contact. For more information on how to submit, please refer to the step-by-step submission guide below.
- For a step-by-step guide to submission, please click HERE.
- The judging panel will comprise representatives from SOTA and Mapletree who will judge based on the following criteria:
- Technical Skills
- The judges' decision is final.
- Finalists will be announced on the SOTA website by the early March 2021. More details on the awards ceremony and Junior Academy will be provided at a later date.
- All 50 Finalists will be notified by early March 2021.
- An online exhibition of artworks created by the 50 Finalists, including the top 10 Overall Prize
Winners, either for the competition or during the SOTA Junior Academy, will be showcased. Details will
be provided at a later date.
- A second public exhibition may be organised by Mapletree in April 2021. More details will be provided to
the 50 Finalists at a later date, if confirmed.
- While all possible care will be taken during the verification of the Top 50 Finalists' artwork, SOTA
will assume no responsibility for any loss or damage of the artworks before, during and after
- The copyright in all pupils’ works shall be dealt with in accordance with the SOTA Copyright
Policy. The ownership of the submitted works remains with SOTA and approval must be sought from SOTA for
(updated: 1 Mar 2021)
By submitting an entry to SOTA, the participant agrees to the terms stated above and allows SOTA to share his/her personal data within the Company, to collect and use the data, and to disclose the data to the Company's authorised service providers and competition sponsor, for the following purposes:
SOTA reserves the rights to disqualify entries that do not adhere to the rules and regulations, and to the works created in the actual event including the liberty to handle the works as it deems fit.
- To contact the award winners and/or participants to discuss any future exhibitions, public events related to their artworks and other art events.
- To be added to the SOTA Art Competition mailing list to update the competition alumni members on activities related to SOTA.
For a step-by-step guide to submission, please click HERE
Need some help to improve your art-making process? Read five useful tips HERE
Have a question? Please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
For further enquiries, please contact us at [email protected]