The School of the Arts, Singapore (SOTA) Primary 6 Art Competition was launched in 2018 as one of SOTA's outreach programmes to encourage and provide a platform for young artists to express their creativity and hone their talents in Visual Arts, and has since become an annual nation-wide drawing and painting competition.
This year, budding young artists across Primary Schools in Singapore responded to the theme of “My Future World”, creating 2D artworks that give us a glimpse into what they envision the world will be like in the coming years.
The top 50 works from the Competition will be presented in an exhibition at the SOTA Gallery on Level 2.
Date: 25 - 29 March 2022
Venue: SOTA Gallery, Level 2
Time: 25 Mar (6pm - 8pm) and 26 - 29 Mar (12pm - 8pm)
Mapletree Investments Pte Ltd has been the sponsor for the competition since 2019, amplifying our efforts to reach out to more children who have a passion and talent in the arts. Following the exhibition at SOTA, the works will also be presented in an exhibition organised by Mapletree at VivoCity (near Desigual) from 4 - 17 April 2022.
We sincerely thank all participants once again for being involved in this competition!
|Felicia Sim Yan Xuan ||Ai Tong School |
|Sofia Lim Woon Hee ||Ai Tong School |
|Choo Wen ||Anglo-Chinese School (Junior) |
|Jessica Isabella Clark ||Bedok Green Primary School |
|Li Chenghan ||Bedok Green Primary School |
|Sasmitha Senthilkumar ||Bukit View Primary School |
|Li En Chu Grace ||Canberra Primary School |
|Chew Rui Xuan Rachel ||Canossa Catholic Primary School |
|Nicole Lye Jia Ning ||CHIJ (Katong) Primary |
|Ting Qi Zern Tricia ||CHIJ (Katong) Primary |
|Seo Hyunwon ||CHIJ Our Lady Queen of Peace |
|Kwek Kai-Yan Zoe ||CHIJ Primary (Toa Payoh) |
|Chen Xiangyi Vivian ||Chongfu School |
|Nur Safi Binte Shamsulnizam ||Chongzheng Primary School |
|Liang Jinghan ||Compassvale Primary School |
|Chen Yirong Olivia ||De La Salle School |
|Autumn Elizabeth Kwek ||Eunos Primary School |
|Yan Keyang ||Frontier Primary School |
|Soon Zhi Bin ||Geylang Methodist School (Primary) |
|Weng Lehan ||Gongshang Primary School |
|Heng Shu Jie, Noelle ||Greendale Primary School |
|Siena D'Angelo ||Haig Girls' School |
|Koay Yee Jiang Celeste ||Henry Park Primary School |
|Tricia Tay Rui Xuan ||Holy Innocents' Primary School |
|Pua Yu Tong ||Horizon Primary School |
|Ted Tan ||Kong Hwa School |
|Samantha Wong Ting Jia ||Marymount Convent School |
|Liz Kyra Ng Yu Xuen ||Nan Chiau Primary School |
|Lim Shan Min Amanda ||Nanyang Primary School |
|Cheah Kai Ru Kendra ||Nanyang Primary School |
|Joshua Lee Chen Wei ||Ngee Ann Primary School |
|Dana Cho ||Dulwich college (Singapore) |
|Sara Arianna Binti Imran Faizal Khan ||Opera Estate Primary School |
|Reuben Loh Wei Hong ||Pasir Ris Primary School |
|Aimee Liao ||Pasir Ris Primary School |
|Goh Jia En Leia ||Pei Chun Public School |
|Kristen Liew Yun En ||Pei Hwa Presbyterian Primary School |
|Lee Xinn Lynn, Vivienne ||Poi Ching School |
|Gwendolyn Armelle Guntur ||Radin Mas Primary School |
|Alyssa Judy Chan Ying Ren ||Raffles Girls' Primary School |
|Zhang Jia Yu ||Rivervale Primary School |
|Tan Sirui ||Rivervale Primary School |
|Alyssa Tee Xi Ming ||Rulang Primary School |
|Lau Le Tian Dylan ||Tao Nan School |
|Sia Yu Han ||Tao Nan School |
|Brayden Lee Jun Yao ||Tao Nan School |
|Chen Huijuan ||Tao Nan School |
|Qin Qian Han ||Telok Kurau Primary School |
|Jessica Lam Jie Xin ||Wellington Primary School |
|Xie ShiYu ||White Sands Primary School |
SOTA is pleased to announce the fifth edition of its annual nation-wide drawing and painting competition. The SOTA Primary 6 Art Competition is proudly supported by Mapletree.
The SOTA Primary 6 Art Competition was launched in 2018 as one of SOTA's outreach programmes to encourage and provide a platform for young artists to express their creativity and hone their talents in Visual Arts, and has since become an annual nation-wide drawing and painting competition.
We invite pupils (who will be Primary 6 in 2022) to participate in this visual arts competition. Pupils from all backgrounds who have a passion for the arts are encouraged to showcase their creativity and imagination.
Participants are to submit an original work (A3-size: 29.7cm x 42.0cm)
that demonstrates their observational ability as well as imagination based on the theme “My Future World”.
- Step 1: Create an original artwork in A3-size (29.7cm x 42.0cm) based on the theme “My Future World”. You may use wet or dry mediums such as watercolour, acrylic or oil paint, charcoal, graphite or coloured ink.
- Step 2: Submit your artwork with the completed entry form.
Click HERE for the submission link.
You will be required to have a Google email account to register!
SOTA regrets that there will not be replies to email enquiries on the release of results.
- Submission due date: 27 January 2022, 12.00pm (noon)
- Announcement of finalists: End of February 2022
- Notification to Finalists: March 2022
- Junior Academy: 26 March 2022
- Exhibition Dates: 25 - 29 March 2022 (SOTA exhibition) and 4 - 17 April 2022 (VivoCity exhibition)
- 50 Finalists will be invited to the SOTA Junior Academy.
- 10 Overall Prize Winners will be selected from the 50 Finalists after the SOTA Junior Academy.
- 40 Finalists will receive $50 worth of art supply vouchers and $50 worth of Mapletree vouchers.
- 10 Overall Prize Winners will receive $100 worth of art supply vouchers and $200 worth of Mapletree vouchers.
- The competition is only open to all pupils who are in Primary 5 in 2021 and will be in Primary 6 (or its equivalent) in 2022. Pupils must be based in Singapore.
- The entry should be the sole original work of the participant and there should be no assistance rendered by anyone else.
- Participants must execute the artwork on A3-sized paper (29.7cm x 42.0cm). We will not be able to accept works with surface thickness greater than 3 mm and paperweights above 250gsm.
- Participants are free to use a single or a variety of wet/dry drawing medium combined, such as watercolour, acrylic or oil paint, charcoal, graphite or coloured ink.
- Work should not be framed, no printmaking, relief or collage artwork will be allowed.
- Participants are free to create an original composition based on the given theme. They are encouraged to demonstrate competent observational drawing skills and some aspects of imaginative elements in their entries.
- All artworks must be submitted by 27 January 2022. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- The link to the online submission can be found HERE.
You will be required to have a Google email account to register!
- Participants must submit their application through their Primary School teacher. Only homeschooled participants will be allowed to submit via their parent/guardian.
- Each school is only allowed a maximum of 5 entries. Subsequent entries exceeding the limit will not be judged.
- The following information is required for online submission:
- Participant's personal details
(Email address, Name, Age, Nationality, Contact Number)
- Teacher's details
(Email address, Name, Contact Number)
- School information
(Name of School)
- Participant Artwork Submission information
(Clear image of artwork, Artwork title, Material(s) used, Write-up)
- Entries with incomplete submission of information will be disqualified.
- Teachers may submit individual entries on behalf of their pupils but not as a group. Each submission should include the individual pupil's email and parent's contact. For more information on how to submit, please refer to the step-by-step submission guide below.
- For a step-by-step guide to submission, please click HERE.
- The judging panel will comprise representatives from SOTA and Mapletree who will judge based on the following criteria:
- Technical Skills
- The judges' decision is final.
- Finalists will be announced on the SOTA website by the end of February 2022 and be contacted to attend the SOTA Junior Academy in March 2022. Details will be provided at a later date. SOTA regrets that there will not be email replies to enquiries on the release of results.
- All 50 Finalists will be notified by early March 2022.
- An exhibition of artworks created by the 50 Finalists, including the top 10 Overall Prize Winners, either for the competition or during the SOTA Junior Academy, will be showcased. Details will be provided at a later date.
- A second public exhibition may be organised by Mapletree. More details will be provided to the 50 Finalists at a later date, if confirmed.
- While all possible care will be taken during the verification of the Top 50 Finalists' artwork, SOTA will assume no responsibility for any loss or damage of the artworks before, during and after verification.
(updated: October 2021)
- The copyright in all pupils' works shall be dealt with in accordance with the SOTA Copyright Policy. The ownership of the submitted works remains with SOTA and approval must be sought from SOTA for any use.
- SOTA reserves the right to grant the sponsor permission to adapt and reproduce the artworks including but not limited to corporate gifts that are not intended for sale or profit.
By submitting an entry to SOTA, the participant agrees to the terms stated above and allows SOTA to share his/her personal data within the Company, to collect and use the data, and to disclose the data to the Company's authorised service providers and competition sponsor, for the following purposes:
SOTA reserves the rights to disqualify entries that do not adhere to the rules and regulations, and to the works created in the actual event including the liberty to handle the works as it deems fit.
- To contact the award winners and/or participants to discuss any future exhibitions, public events related to their artworks and other art events.
- To be added to the SOTA Art Competition mailing list to update the competition alumni members on activities related to SOTA.
For a step-by-step guide to submission, please click HERE
Need some help to improve your art-making process? Read five useful tips HERE
Have a question? Please read the Frequently Asked Questions HERE
For further enquiries, please contact us at [email protected]