SYF 2020 Rehearsal Booking
(Choir and Western Instrumental Ensemble)
From 1 October 2019 (Tue), 12pm to 14 October 2019 (Mon), 11.59pm
Note: SYF 2020 Rehearsal Booking will be based on a ballot exercise.
1) How can I be eligible for this ballot exercise? – Submission (Phase 1)
- SYF 2020 Venue Booking Request Form is available from 1 October 2019 (Tue), 12pm
- Print the form based on the relevant category
- Submit the duly completed form to [email protected] by 14 October 2019 (Mon), 11.59pm
- Late and/or incomplete submissions will not be accepted
- Successful submissions will be drawn at random during the ballot exercise, and shall be assigned the date/block as indicated on the Booking Request Form (1 – 5)
- If all indicated dates/blocks are not available, the next best date/block will be allocated
2) When is the ballot exercise?
- Date: 17 October 2019 (Thu)
Venue: SOTA Green Room (Level 2)
Time: Choir at 9am / Western Instrumental Ensemble at 2pm
*End time varies according to number of successful submissions per category
3) Can we attend the ballot exercise?
- Yes, up to 2 teachers per category. Please indicate your RSVP on the form.
4) How do we know the result of the ballot exercise?
- Results will be posted on SOTA website by 18 October 2019, 12pm
- Any balance dates/blocks after the ballot exercise will be posted on SOTA website from
18 October 2019, 12pm; subject to availability
5) Can I exchange or cancel my allocated date/block?
*Any request to exchange date/block after 24 October 2019, 5pm will incur a penalty fee of $100 per school for the first change. Any subsequent change will incur a penalty fee of $200 per school.
- Once the results are released, you have up to 5 working days to exchange or cancel your allocated date/block. Please complete the SYF 2020 Exchange/Cancellation Form and submit via email only: [email protected], latest by 24 October 2019, 5pm
- Exchange – For exchange of date/block, you will have to source and make your own arrangement with another school within the same category
- Cancellation – For new booking request, you will have to resubmit a new SYF 2020 Booking Request Form, from 25 October 2019
6) What if I missed the ballot exercise? – Submission (Phase 2)
- You may check for balance dates/blocks on SOTA website from 25 October 2019, 12pm, subject to availability, and submit the duly completed SYF 2020 Venue Booking Request Form to
7) How would I know if my booking is confirmed?
- A set of contractual documents will be sent to successful submissions from 5 November 2019
- Endorsed original documents must be returned to SOTA within (14) days from date of Letter of Offer, and full payment to be made within (30) days from the date of Invoice
- Failing which, the booking is void and the date/block will be released to the next school
1-14 Oct 2019
Submission (Phase 1) of duly completed SYF 2020 Venue Booking Request Form to [email protected]; late submission will not be accepted
17 Oct 2019
- Choir, 9 am
- Western Instrumental Ensemble, 2pm
18 Oct 2019
Ballot Results for all categories will be posted on SOTA website
25 Oct 2019 onwards
Balance dates/blocks, if any, after the ballot exercise will be posted on SOTA website; subject to availability
Submission (Phase 2) for those that missed the ballot exercise / new bookings; subject to availability
5 Nov 2019 onwards
Contracts for school’s endorsement and payment
Note: (i) Endorsed original documents must be returned to SOTA within (14) days from date of Letter of Offer, and (ii) full payment to be made within (30) days from the date of Invoice. Failing which, the booking is void and the date/block will be released to the next school.
Western Instrumental Ensemble Rehearsal
- 10 – 15 Feb 2020
- 17 – 22 Feb 2020
- 29 Feb 2020
- 02 – 05 Mar 2020
- 16 – 20 Mar 2020
- 28 Mar 2020
- 30 Mar – 02 Apr 2020
- 03 Apr 2020* (Block A to C)
- 11 Apr 2020
| Guitar, Strings, Harmonica |
- 03 – 08 Feb 2020
- 24 – 27 Feb 2020
- 10 – 12 Mar 2020
- 14 Mar 2020
- 25 – 26 Mar 2020
Rehearsal Timeslots (for all categories)
Block A - 8:30am to 10.30am You may print this page here.
Block B - 10:30am to 12:30pm
Block C - 12:30pm to 2:30pm
Block D - 2:30pm to 4:30pm
Block E - 4:30pm to 6:30pm
Block F - 6:30pm to 8:30pm
Please visit this webpage again for more updates.