This section is best viewed in landscape mode. Please rotate your mobile device.
The decision of the selection panel isfinal. The school reserves the right not to release the results and/or the reasons for non-selection of applicants. The school maintains strict confidentiality on all information provided to us during the TA applications and TA auditions. Hence, we regret that we are not able to provide any feedback on the application and/or outcome.
|Grade 7 or Secondary 1 Express ||Year 2 (no vacancy for TA2020) |
|Grade 8 or Secondary 2 Express ||Year 3 (no vacancy for TA2020) |
|Grade 9 ||Not Applicable |
|Grade 10 ||Year 5 |
Forms Offered Application. Process
- Submission of Online Application. Application. Process - Shortlisting Phase
- TA Outcome
SOTA conducts ONE
(1) Admission Exercise a year through the Talent Academy (TA)
Application opens in April and closes in May. This year’s TA is currently scheduled to take place from 23 June to 18 July 2020. Please refer to the Non-DSA How To Apply
tab for more information on application process.
Parents and pupils are encouraged to choose schools wisely based on the pupil's aptitudes and strengths, bearing in mind the school's academic and non-academic requirements, and the programmes available to develop the area of talent.
All shortlisted Non-DSA applicants must complete all TA activities within the stipulated time. In view of the COVID-19 situation, this year’s TA activities will be conducted online and will include the following:
- Individual auditions or portfolio presentations
- Panel interviews
- Online questionnaires
- Entrance tests for English and Mathematics (Year 5 IBCP track), set at Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘O’ level, or
- English, Mathematics and Science (Year 2, 3 and Year 5 IBDP track) set at the local secondary express level or Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘O’ level
- An entrance test fee of S$30.00 (Year 5 IBCP), or
- S$60.00 (Year 2, 3, and Year 5 IBDP) is applicable
Applicants are not required
to take the AEIS or SPERS test for admission to SOTA.
Application is not open
for admission to Year 2 and Year 3 for TA2020 as there are no available vacancies.
Application Process - Submission of Online Application
Application Process - Shortlisting Phase
Application Process - TA Outcome
Couldn’t find the questions you’re looking
for? Click here
to contact us.