The core function of the job is to devise meaningful pedagogical approaches and the instructional implementation to nurture competencies, thinking and language skills to enable the holistic development of the students. The teacher is expected to engage, encourage and prepare students to meet the challenges in their growth and development.
Teachers plan and conduct lessons in line with the school’s strategic thrusts and objectives with the aim of building a culture of learning. They also keep up to date with developments in their subject area, utilizing fresh and innovative pedagogical practices in order to create a vibrant learning environment.
The teachers of the Experiential (ExE) Education faculty play an important role in providing a quality and rigorous physical, sports and outdoor education programme. ExE teachers develop in students a strong foundation in their physical, kinesthetic and affective domains, thereby fostering a passion for lifelong engagement in physical activities and adventure pursuits in the students.
The duties and responsibilities include:
- Development and delivery of curriculum to a range of physical, sports and outdoor education lessons.
- Monitor and evaluate student progress, including providing useful and timely feedback to students and other stakeholders.
- Prepare and conduct assessment of student learning.
- Work with colleagues in curriculum, pedagogical and assessment implementation and review
- Maintain up-to-date subject knowledge and approaches to teaching and learning, and prepare relevant teaching resources and materials
- Collaborate with colleagues in supporting various faculty and school work including the planning and running of camps, local/overseas expeditions, post exams activities, service learning etc.
- Assume the role as a Class Mentor and Community Service advisor
- Mentoring and supervision of students on students initiated cross-disciplinary projects.
- Have an degree and/or professional qualification in the chosen discipline.
- Have at least 3 years of teaching experience at Secondary or JC level.
- Have a broad and thorough knowledge of the teaching subject.
- Prospective applicants are to provide a list of sports and PE/OE related areas that they are equipped to teach proficiently.
- Possess good IT skills and ability to utilise IT to enhance teaching and learning.
- Have a track record in leading and organising school level projects.
- Have the ability to lead and work well in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Have a strong commitment to and passion for education and the arts.
- Strong sense of responsibility, well-organized and able to work independently.
- Team player, resourceful, self-driven, good sense of urgency and able to prioritise work to meet tight deadlines.
Interested applicants please email updated curriculum vitae to [email protected]. Please indicate the position title you are applying for in the subject field of the email. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.