The core function of the job is to assist the institution in achieving its strategic objectives – working in teams to constantly devise meaningful pedagogical approaches and the eventual instructional execution of these approaches in class. Teachers are to develop and foster the relevant academic skills and social abilities of students to enable the students' optimum development. Teachers are to encourage, assess and prepare students to meet challenges that arise.
The duties and responsibilities include:
- To teach mathematics and use teaching resources effectively
- To take responsibility for the progress and development of the students under their charge
- To cater to students with differing needs and motivate them towards their goals
- To prepare and assess student learning to facilitate positive academic and effective development
- To monitor their students’ well-being and maintain discipline
- To provide timely feedback to parents on their child’s progress
- To work with others in supporting the department in curriculum development/review and other departmental needs
- To keep up to date with subject & curriculum development
- Have an honours degree or professional qualification in the chosen discipline.
- Have a strong commitment and passion for education and the arts.
- Have a broad and thorough knowledge of the teaching subject.
- Have at least 3 years of teaching experience at pre-tertiary levels with either Secondary or Junior College (or equivalent) teaching experience.
- Be self-motivated, responsible and innovative.
- Have the ability to lead and work in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Exposure to/or knowledge of the International Baccalaureate Diploma programme is an added advantage.
Interested applicants please email updated curriculum vitae to [email protected]. Please indicate the position title you are applying for in the subject field of the email.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.