The core function of the job is to assist the School towards achieving its strategic objectives - working in teams to constantly devise meaningful pedagogical approaches and its eventual instructional implementation and facilitation in class. Teachers are to develop and nurture 21st century competencies, developing thinking and language skills to enable the holistic development of the students. They are to engage, encourage and prepare students to meet the challenges that arise.
Teachers plan and conduct lessons in line with the school’s strategic thrusts and objectives with the aim of building a culture of learning. They also keep up to date with developments in their subject area, new resources, pedagogies and learning theories.
SOTA invites applicants to join the Theatre Faculty in providing quality and rigorous art education by nurturing students’ abilities in seeing and creating meaningful connections through a diversity of artistic processes and expressions.
The duties and responsibilities of a Theatre Teacher are as follows:
- Development and delivery of the theatre curriculum to a range of year levels and abilities.
- Monitoring and evaluating student progress, including the provision of timely student and other stakeholder feedback
- Monitoring students’ well-being and maintaining discipline.
- Prepares and assesses student learning to facilitate positive artistic and effective development.
- Providing higher education and career guidance advice for theatre-related pathways Working with others in supporting the department in curriculum development/review and other departmental needs.
- Keeping up to date with subject and curriculum development.
- Assessment and evaluation of student learning
- Mentoring and supervising students on external and cross-disciplinary projects
The applicant should:
- Have at least 3 years’ teaching experience of students at pre-tertiary or tertiary level (Secondary or JC level / ages 12 – 18 years old)
- Hold an honours degree (or higher), or professional qualification in the chosen discipline
- Have a breadth and depth of theatre experience and practice
- Have a strong commitment and passion for the arts and education
- Have exposure to, or knowledge of, the International Baccalaureate Diploma programme and/or in teaching drama and theatre
- Be self-motivated, responsible, caring and innovative
- Be able to work well in multi-disciplinary teams
- An awareness of Singaporean or South East Asian culture and theatre is an advantage
Interested applicants please email your CV or resume to [email protected]. Please indicate the position title you are applying for in the subject field.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.