The core function of the job is to assist the School towards achieving its strategic objectives - working in teams to constantly devise meaningful pedagogical approaches and its eventual instructional implementation in class. Teachers are to develop and nurture 21st century competencies, and thinking and language skills to enable the holistic development of the students. They are to engage, encourage and prepare students to meet the challenges that arise.
Teachers plan and conduct lessons in line with the school's strategic thrusts and objectives with the aim of building a culture of learning. They also keep up to date with developments in their subject area, new resources, pedagogies and learning theories.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, develop and review curriculum, assessment and pedagogy to support students in achieving desired learning outcomes in film and media
- Monitor and evaluate students' progress and development and provide useful and timely feedback to support holistic development
- Monitor and ensure the safe use of equipment and tools by students in the course of students’ learning experience
- Contribute and collaborate with others to support faculty in programme review, design and other faculty needs
- Plan, implement and monitor co-curricular programmes to support students’ holistic development
- Maintain an understanding of professional practice in the media and film to inform personal teaching practice and prepare relevant teaching resources
- Have an honours degree or professional qualification in the chosen discipline
- Have a strong commitment to and passion for education and the arts
- Have a broad and thorough knowledge of the teaching subject(s)
- Have at least 3 years of teaching experience at pre-tertiary levels (Secondary or JC level)
- Be self-motivated, responsible, caring and innovative
- Have the ability to work well in multi-disciplinary teams
- Exposure to, or knowledge of, the International Baccalaureate Diploma programme is an added advantage
Interested applicants please email updated curriculum vitae to [email protected]
. Please indicate the position title you are applying for in the subject field of the email.
We regret that only short listed candidates will be notified.