The core function of the job is to assist the School towards achieving its strategic objectives - working in teams to constantly devise meaningful pedagogical approaches and its eventual instructional implementation and facilitation in class. Teachers are to develop and nurture 21st century competencies, developing thinking and language skills to enable the holistic development of the students. They are to engage, encourage and prepare students to meet the challenges that arise.
Teachers plan and conduct lessons in line with the school’s strategic thrusts and objectives with the aim of building a culture of learning. They also keep up to date with developments in their subject area, new resources, pedagogies and learning theories.
The teachers of the Visual Arts faculty play an important role in providing quality and rigorous art education by nurturing students’ abilities in seeing and creating meaningful connections through a diversity of artistic processes and expressions.
The duties and responsibilities include:
- Development and delivery of curriculum to a range of visual arts classes of different levels and technical proficiencies. The curriculum includes both studio practice and theory and history of art.
- Monitoring and evaluation of student progress, including providing useful and timely feedback to students and other stakeholders.
- Preparation and conduct of assessment of student learning
- Mentoring and supervision of students on external and cross-disciplinary projects
- Working with others in supporting the department in curriculum, pedagogical and assessment development/review and other departmental needs
- Maintaining up-to-date subject knowledge and approaches to teaching and learning, and preparing relevant teaching resources
- Have an honours degree or professional qualification in visual arts
- Have a strong commitment to and passion for education and the arts
- Have a broad and thorough knowledge of the teaching subject(s) that includes drawing and painting, and theory and history of art
- Have at least 3 years of teaching experience at pre-tertiary levels (Secondary or JC level)
- Be self-motivated, responsible, caring and innovative
- Be able to work well in teams
- Exposure to, or knowledge of the International Baccalaureate Diploma programme is an added advantage
Interested applicants please email updated curriculum vitae to [email protected]. Please indicate the position title you are applying for in the subject field of the email.
We regret that only short listed candidates will be notified.