Through the Humanities and Social Sciences, students cultivate a healthy curiosity about the study of humanity, cultures, and societies as they develop research, analytical, and communication skills.
A key feature of the Humanities and Social Sciences education in SOTA is the emphasis on learner-centred, inquiry-based pedagogies as well as experiential learning to provide a platform for rich and engaged learning. Through these experiences,
students are encouraged to recognise their roles, as local and global citizens, who are active contributors to society and the environment.
- Humanities and Social Sciences Alive! Programme for Year 3 students
- Talent Development Programme, which includes workshops, participation in competitions, research programme as well as local and overseas educational trips
- Enrichment programme that includes learning journeys, field trips, seminars, and more
- Equip students with a critical understanding and appreciation of disciplines within the Humanities and Social Sciences, namely Economics, Geography, History, and Social and Cultural Anthropology
- Nurture awareness of the development of humanity over time
- Develop analytical, decision-making, and investigative skills for a critical understanding of the world, both past and present
- Live out values such as empathy and respect for diverse perspectives and cultures