The core function of the job is to assist the School towards achieving its strategic objectives - working in teams to constantly devise meaningful pedagogical approaches and its eventual instructional implementation in class. Workshop technicians are to support teachers to develop and nurture 21st century competencies, and thinking and language skills to enable the holistic development of the students. They are to engage, encourage and prepare teachers and students to meet the challenges that arise.
Workshop technicians assist teachers in their planning and conducting of lessons in line with the school's strategic thrusts and objectives with the aim of building a culture of learning. They also keep up to date with developments in their subject area, new resources, pedagogies and learning theories.
- Management of work process in the workshops and facilities to ensure smooth and effective delivery of lessons, workshops and showcases
- Management of safety procedures and processes for the safety and security of all users of workshops and facilities
- Online and physical management of inventory, resources and stock-taking to ensure optimal utilisation of resources and budget
- Management of equipment, machines and tools for safety, efficiency and effectiveness of use
- Provide duty of care for students using the workshops and facilities
- Provide technical support and assistance to teachers in their delivery of lessons, workshops and showcases
- Liaise with teachers, suppliers and vendors, and relevant administrative personnel to ensure timely provision and regular stocking up of art supplies in the classrooms, studios and workshops
- Have a degree or professional qualification in the chosen discipline
- Have a strong commitment to and passion for education and the arts
- Have a broad and thorough knowledge of visual arts
- Have technical know-how to create and manage online data and resources
- Have at least 3 years of teaching/ technician experience at pre-tertiary levels (Secondary or Junior College level)
- Be self-motivated, responsible, caring and innovative
- Have the ability to work well in multi-disciplinary teams
- Exposure to/or knowledge of the International Baccalaureate Diploma programme is an added advantage
Interested applicants please email updated curriculum vitae to [email protected]. Please indicate the position title you are applying for in the subject field of the email.
We regret that only short listed candidates will be notified.