Artistic and Creative Professional
Connecting theory with practice, SOTA’s specialised arts programmes emphasise real-life creative processes that aim to develop strong artistic capabilities and dispositions, including critical thinking skills, creative awareness, and discipline, among students.
The SOTA Specialised Arts Curriculum aims to enable students to:
SOTA Arts Programmes
- Establish fundamental knowledge and skills in the respective arts disciplines
- Anchor creative thinking through bold and reflective artistic practice
- Engage in inter-disciplinary connections, conversations, and collaborations
- Understand the relationship between arts and society in local, regional and global contexts
- Develop an artistic identity and drive for lifelong learning and engagement with the arts
SOTA offers specialised training in Dance
, Literary Arts
and Visual Arts
. Each course is designed to develop students to attain understanding, expression and mastery in their art form.
The Arts Excellence Programme (AEP)
, funded by Temasek Foundation Nurtures, caters to students who demonstrate outstanding artistic capacity. Aimed at extending their potential, it offers advanced learning opportunities via masterclasses and workshops by prominent experts, as well as participation in overseas arts programmes.
At SOTA, students are exposed to the full range of art forms and learn to make connections across them. The Integrated Arts Programme
is unique to SOTA. Students are exposed to the full range of art forms and learn to make connections across them. Besides developing a deeper understanding of their chosen art form, students are imbued with an awareness of the synergy across disciplines through learning anchored in the arts.
The SOTA-Ngee Ann Kongsi Outstanding Young Artist Award
is conferred upon the graduate who has attained the highest distinction in the arts, and shows greatest promise of shaping the future arts landscape through artistic vision, originality, commitment, and excellence in practice.
(View our past winners.