As a Key Personnel of the school and a member of the School Steering Committee (SSC), the Dean, Academic will support the Vice-Principal, Academic in fulfilling the school’s vision and mission by providing effective curricular, pedagogical and assessment leadership to the faculties.
- Develop and cascade resources and guidelines in the areas of curriculum, pedagogy and assessment (CPA) that assist the faculties in achieving effective teaching, learning and assessment, in line with SOTA’s strategic goals;
- Engage in active collaboration with the faculties and the IB Co-ordinator to spearhead, monitor and evaluate innovative pedagogical approaches that are in line with SOTA’s strategic intent;
- Champion the adoption of sound, purposeful and effective assessment practices that support the desired learning outcomes. Monitor and analyse student performance and determine the implications of results, and continuously work with the faculties and the IB Co-ordinator to improve the effectiveness of curricular programmes;
- Steer the Acad Heads Meeting and leverage other platforms like All Heads Meeting, Staff Interaction Time, November planning etc., to drive CPA in the school;
- Lead in committee/taskforce work that contribute to effective teaching, learning and assessment such as timetabling, subject selection, assessment information management, etc.;
- Plan, organise and oversee curriculum and learning support programmes in consultation with the Vice-Principal, Faculty Heads and the IB Co-ordinator;
- Work collaboratively and consultatively with the other Deans on the holistic development of students;
- Promote and communicate SOTA’s curriculum intent to parents and other stakeholders to enhance awareness and understanding of teaching and learning approaches;
- Plan, organise and work with the faculties, the IB Co-ordinator and the SSD on staff development programmes that enhance faculty members’ capacity in the areas of CPA to enable them to achieve higher standards of teaching excellence.
- Attend and contribute to discussions at SSC meetings.
- Have a good honours degree or professional qualification in a chosen academic discipline;
- Have a professional qualification in Education;
- Have a strong commitment and passion for education and the arts.
- Have a broad and thorough knowledge of the teaching subject(s);
- Have at least 5 years of teaching experience at pre-tertiary levels with either Secondary or Junior College (or equivalent) teaching experience;
- Be self-motivated, responsible and innovative;
- Have the ability to lead and work in multi-disciplinary teams;
- Exposure to or knowledge of the International Baccalaureate Diploma programme is an added advantage.
Interested applicants please email updated curriculum vitae to [email protected]. Please indicate the position title you are applying for in the subject field of the email.
We regret that only short listed candidates will be notified.