Reporting to the Director (Corporate Planning & Services) and Vice-Principal (Academic & Affective), the Manager will manage the Library with alignment to the School’s strategic direction and objectives. He/ She will work collaboratively with the academic and arts faculties to explore in the areas of curricular, pedagogical and technological innovation to plan and organise library programmes to support the students learning needs. He/ She will lead the Library team in developing and delivering the strategic objectives and provide support to various library users. The incumbent is responsible for overseeing and supervising the department's activities and employees.
- Provide strategic direction in the development, management, and delivery of library information services.
- Recommend and implement innovative technologies, service models and/or practices to support learning needs.
- Review, recommend and implement standards, policies and guidelines to be adopted within the Library for various library users.
- Build and ensure that the Library's collection meets and serves the changing needs of the various library users (staff and students).
- Work collaboratively with different departments and faculties to develop and implement appropriate library programs/services to support students' learning needs.
- Lead the Library team to promote a proactive, responsive and customer-focused services to support the School’s continuous learning environment.
- Lead and guide the Library team with clear performance objectives and expectations.
- Review and organise the roles of the Library team to develop the knowledge and skills of team members to deliver and support the overall School's strategic objectives.
- Support school-wide events and key activities.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Reporting Officer or Management.
- A good degree preferably in Library and Information Services and/or other relevant certification(s) and work experience.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in a senior capacity, leading a team in developing and implementing initiatives and programmes.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of core library functions such as information literacy, collection implementation, loan management, e-resources services and information research services.
- Experience and skills in planning and implementing programmes for school libraries is an advantage.
- Strong organisational and analytical skills; innovative and dynamic in approach.
- Service oriented with ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Team player with strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills to effectively lead team to achieve department/school goals and objectives.
- Strong communication skills to engage and implement the department's and school's goals and outcomes.
- Strong collaborative skills to work across different departments to achieve overall organisation outcomes.
- Good knowledge of current trends and technology changes that may impact school library operations and services.
Interested applicants please email updated curriculum vitae to [email protected]
. Please indicate the position title you are applying for in the subject field of the email.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.