The core function of the role is to lead a faculty towards achieving the School’s strategic objectives. Faculty Heads lead teams to constantly devise meaningful pedagogical approaches and its eventual instructional implementation in class. As members of the School’s teaching fraternity, Heads are to develop critical thinking and language skills, and nurture the holistic development of students. They are to engage, encourage and prepare students to meet the challenges of the 21st
Heads oversee the planning and implementation of curriculum and programmes in line with the school’s strategic thrusts with the aim of building a culture of learning. They also keep up to date with developments in their subject area, pedagogies and learning theories.
The responsibilities of Head, Faculty of Film are to:
- Oversee curriculum planning, design and implementation of the International Baccalaureate (IB) Film subject
- Oversee curriculum planning, design and implementation of programmes to develop media literacy and capabilities in students through the School’s Media Education programme
- Lead a team to apply appropriate student-centred pedagogies in the design of lesson units, materials and assessments for subjects under the care of the faculty.
- Develop a network of film makers whom the school can tap for student development opportunities.
- Manage resource allocation and deployment for the faculty.
- Spearhead initiatives that support the achievement of the School’s mission and vision.
- Strong leadership and management skills, with experience in administration and proven track record of leading a team
- Possess an honours degree or professional qualification in the chosen or related discipline
- Have at least 7 years’ of teaching and curriculum design experience
- Have a strong commitment to and passion for education and the arts
- Have a broad and thorough knowledge of the teaching subject(s)
- Be self-motivated, responsible, caring and innovative
- Be able to work well in multi-disciplinary teams
- Exposure to, or knowledge of the International Baccalaureate Diploma programme is an added advantage
Interested applicants please email updated curriculum vitae to [email protected]
. Please indicate the position title you are applying for in the subject field of the email.
We regret that only short listed candidates will be notified.