The Subject Head, Assessment, oversees the School’s overall assessment and examination policies, rules and processes.
JOB SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Set directions and goals/targets to benchmark standards for instructional programmes and accompanying assessment;
- Advise, review and evaluate the standards, reliability and validity of assessment approaches and methodology;
- Lead a committee of Teachers in planning, implementing and evaluating the framework and structures for standards, assessments and examinations;
- Oversee, review and refine the examination process to ensure a unified examination workflow. This includes Setting & Vetting, Printing, Collection, Invigilation, Script checking, Report & Use of Assessment Data;
- Develop, monitor and review examination rules and guidelines and ensure compliance to school, IBO and national assessment policies;
- Propose and conduct staff professional development for assessment and proper conduct of examinations;
- Oversee and work with Faculty Heads to draw up the school assessment map to ensure effective assessment and mnimise assessment fatigue;
- Plan, schedule and oversee implementation of school-based and IB Exams administration/ schedule;
- Within school-based and IB exam schedules, plan and schedule access arrangements for SLN students and special cases;
- Manage all examination malpractice in consultation with the Academic Panel;
- Teach Chemistry / Mathematics as the core subject
The applicant should:
- Have an honours degree or professional qualification in the chosen an academic discipline;
- Well versed with assessment principles, policies and processes;
- Have a strong commitment to and passion for education and the arts;
- Have at least 5 years of teaching experience at pre-tertiary levels with either Secondary or Junior College (or equivalent) teaching experience;
- Be self-motivated, responsible, caring and innovative;
- Have the ability to work well in multi-disciplinary teams;
- Prior experience in leading a team on projects is an advantage;
- Exposure to or knowledge of the International Baccalaureate Diploma programme is an advantage.
Interested applicants please email updated curriculum vitae to [email protected]
. Please indicate the position title you are applying for in the subject field of the email.
We regret that only short listed candidates will be notified.