The core function of the job is to assist the School towards achieving its strategic objectives - working in teams to constantly devise meaningful pedagogical approaches and its eventual instructional implementation in class. Teachers are to develop and nurture 21st century competencies, and thinking and language skills to enable the holistic development of the students. They are to engage, encourage and prepare students to meet the challenges that arise.
Teachers plan and conduct lessons in line with the school’s strategic thrusts and objectives with the aim of building a culture of learning. They also keep up to date with developments in their subject area, new resources, pedagogies and learning theories.
The duties and responsibilities include:
- To teach Social & Cultural Anthropology (SCA) and History and use teaching resources effectively
- Monitoring and evaluating the progress and development of the students under one’s charge and giving useful and timely feedback to students and parents.
- Preparing and assessing student learning to facilitate positive academic and effective development.
- Monitoring students’ well-being and motivating them to achieve their goals.
- Working with others in supporting the department in curriculum development/review and other departmental needs.
- Maintaining up-to-date subject knowledge and preparing relevant teaching resources.
- Have an honours degree or professional qualification in the chosen discipline
- Have a strong commitment to and passion for education and the arts
- Have a broad and thorough knowledge of the teaching subject(s)
- Have at least 3 years of teaching experience at pre-tertiary levels (Secondary or JC level)
- Ability to teach IB SCA and History (IB and Secondary level)
- Be self-motivated, responsible, caring and innovative
- Have the ability to work well in multi-disciplinary teams
- Exposure to/or knowledge of the International Baccalaureate Diploma programme is an added advantage
Interested applicants please email updated curriculum vitae to [email protected]. Please indicate the position title you are applying for in the subject field of the email.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.