The SOTA Primary 6 Creative Writing Competition 2021 received more than 1,500 submissions from primary schools across Singapore. All the works submitted were impressive and shortlisting the finalists proved to be a difficult process.
The top three winners and finalists were decided after much careful deliberation. They wrote about believable characters placed in intriguing situations, all set within unique and carefully crafted worlds.
Thank you very much to all who participated in this year's SOTA Primary 6 Creative Writing Competition.
SOTA is pleased to announce the fifth edition of its annual nation-wide creative writing competition - the SOTA Primary 6 Creative Writing Competition is back!
If you will be in Primary 6 in 2021 and have a love for writing, you are invited to take part in this competition.
- Step 1: Pick one of the prompts.
- Write a story that contains the phrase, “This was clearly NOT a dream.”
- Write a story in which chicken rice plays a significant role.
- Imagine you open the door and you find a giant box with your name printed on it. What happens next?
- Write a story that ends with the phrase, “All he could do was give me a high-five.”
- Step 2: Write an original story, of no more than 450 words, based on the prompt you chose.
- Step 3: Submit your story via this form.
Up to 50 finalists will be invited to a free short story writing workshop.
Of the 50 finalists, 23 students will be named the winners of the following:
- First Prize: $500 book voucher
- Second Prize: $350 book voucher
- Third Prize: $150 book voucher
- 20x Commendation Awards: $50 book voucher each
Have a question? Email us at [email protected]