SOTA adopts a whole-school and connected curriculum approach to the teaching of character and citizenship education. We believe that students acquire the knowledge and skills through both formal and informal curricula of the academic, arts and affective. Through a variety of platforms and programmes, students can practise the knowledge and skills. In turn, we hope that students embody the school values and attributes of the IB Learner Profile to become the “H.I.P. Leader with Passion” after six years of education in SOTA.
As a H.I.P. Leader with Passion, we expect a SOTA student to exemplify the following:
- We are confident but not arrogant about our talents and achievements.
- We are aware of how much we still have to learn thus we practise openness and receptiveness to other people’s views and thoughts, as well as feedback and opportunities for learning.
- We acknowledge the role of others in our development as individuals.
- We put others before ourselves in practising consideration and respect.
- We are honest and principled in all we do, including the practice of our art.
- We are true to ourselves, in whatever contexts we find ourselves.
- We see ourselves as part of a community, sharing its values and participating in community life.
- We respect and celebrate diversity of views, interests, backgrounds, experiences.
- We are committed to our endeavours, including the pursuit of our art.
- We display traits that demonstrate such commitment: devotion, discipline, responsibility, excellence.
- Weekly class-based lessons
- Small group and individual mentoring
- Class meetings
- Level talks and workshops
- Education counselling
- Leadership training and workshops
The 6 learning outcomes* below are achieved through two key domains of Leading Self and Leading Others:
- Acquire self-awareness and apply self-management skills to achieve personal well-being and effectiveness, demonstrating passion in our commitments
- Act with integrity and humility, and make responsible decisions that uphold moral principles
- Be resilient and have the ability to turn challenges into opportunities
- Demonstrate people-centredness by acquiring social awareness and applying interpersonal skills to build and maintain positive relationships
- Take pride in and value Singapore’s identity and social-cultural diversity, and promote social cohesion and harmony
- Be a H.I.P. Leader with Passion by contributing actively to our nation and reflecting on community and global issues
*Adapted from MOE CCE Learning Outcomes
Learn more about the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or IB Career-related Programme