The core function of the job is to assist the School towards achieving its strategic objectives - working in teams to constantly devise meaningful pedagogical approaches and its eventual instructional implementation in class. Teachers are to develop and nurture 21st century competencies, and thinking and language skills to enable the holistic development of the students. They are to engage, encourage and prepare students to meet the challenges that arise.
Teachers plan and conduct lessons in line with the school’s strategic thrusts and objectives with the aim of building a culture of learning. They also keep up to date with developments in their subject area, new resources, pedagogies and learning theories.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To teach English Language and Critical Thinking (ELCT) and Theory of Knowledge and use teaching resources effectively
- Monitoring and evaluating the progress and development of the students under one’s charge and giving useful and timely feedback to students and parents.
- Preparing and assessing student learning to facilitate positive academic and effective development.
- Monitoring students’ well-being and motivating them to achieve their goals.
- Working with others in supporting the department in curriculum development/review and other departmental needs.
- Maintaining up-to-date subject knowledge and preparing relevant teaching resources.
- At least 3 years of experience as a full-time teacher employed to teach English at secondary level.
- A relevant teaching qualification e.g PGDE
- Background in either English/Humanities/Literature/General Paper/ Philosophy/ Linguistics/ Theory of Knowledge
- A positive and pro-active mindset towards supporting students’ learning
- A collegial attitude and disposition in an educational setting
Interested applicants please email updated curriculum vitae to [email protected]. Please indicate the position title you are applying for in the subject field of the email.
We regret that only short listed candidates will be notified.