To work with and support the Head/Student Development to develop, manage and review Student Development (SD) program that focuses on character, citizenship and leadership development, and social-emotional well- being of students; helping them fulfill the vision of being a H.I.P Leader with Passion.
- Supervise and mentor the full-time School Counsellor (FTSC) and Educational and Career Counsellor;
- Supervise and mentor members of the Year Mentor team with Head/Student Development;
- Support the Head/Student Development in the areas related student development matters;
- Plan the SD budget with Head/Student Development, particularly in the area of Student development and well-being programmes;
- Engage and work with internal and external constituents and stakeholders in supporting SD programmes and platforms of the school;
- Assist the Head/Student Development to conduct regular review and recommend professional development/training for teaching staff in the area of SD;
- Manage and co-ordinate the development and maintenance of SD-related data and resources;
- Conduct regular review and refinement of existing programmes and platforms for SD.
- Design, develop and deliver lessons in his/her trained subject area.
- Continue professional growth through attendance of workshops, seminars, conferences and/or advance coursework at institutions of higher learning.
- Conduct research and keep abreast with the latest development in theories and practices of the relevant subject areas.
- Lead the student management team in the management of the socio-emotional well-being as well as the discipline of students;
- Lead the student management team in engaging and partnering teachers and parents to support the development of students;
- Provide case conferencing and counselling support to Year Mentors, FTSC, ECG and SEN counsellor;
- Support the Head/Student Development in leading student development team and teaching faculties in providing social-emotional support for all SOTA students.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the school.
- Have a good honours degree or professional qualification in the trained subject area
- Have a strong commitment and passion for education and the art
- Have a broad and thorough knowledge of the teaching subject(s)
- Have at least 5 years of teaching experience at pre-tertiary levels with either Secondary or Junior College (or equivalent) teaching experience
- A strong team player who is self-motivated, responsible, resourceful and innovative person with a positive learning attitude
- Have the ability and/or experience to work well in multi-disciplinary teams
- Exposure to/or knowledge of the International Baccalaureate Diploma programme is an advantage
Interested applicants please email updated curriculum vitae to [email protected]
. Please indicate the position title you are applying for in the subject field of the email.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.